Monday, February 4, 2013

Noodles and Company

   So I was planning on actually cooking tonight  after I got home from class, but after my back passenger window on my truck decided it wouldn't roll back up, I spent the time taking apart my door instead of actually getting a chance to cook.  Well long story short, my sister and I decided to go out and we decided to try out Noodles & Company (http://www.noodles.com/).
   So Julia ordered the Pesto Cavatappi with the pork (pork because they were out of chicken).: "Curry pasta, basil pesto, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, wine, cream, Parmesan and Italian parsley."  I'd have to say that the pesto was a little tame, but the whole dish was pretty good.  The pork was juicy and well...tasted like pork.  When I think pasta and pesto, I generally don't think pork, but it went surprisingly well together.  Not a bad dish.

    I ordered the Steak Stroganoff : Marinated steak, mushroom sherry cream sauce, fresh herbs, cracked pepper, sauteed mushrooms, egg noodles and Parmesan.  The steak was moist, not over cooked and actually had a decent savory flavor.  The noodles, though aren't in house made, were cooked al dente and the the scream sauce wasn't over powering, but I think it could have used some spicy (maybe some red pepper flakes) to give it a little kick to cut through the richness of the sauce.

   Now my sister and I also ordered and appetizer and in my opinion was the best dish of the dinner.  We ordered the garlic cheese bread.  The melted mozzarella and cheddar (yes cheddar) was perfectly intergrated on the nice slices of toasted baguettes.  Though I'm pretty sure the dipping sauce was from a can, the acidity of the tomatoes cut through the cheese very well ad yielded a more complete appetizer.
  
    Anyway, this was a short blog, because I'm still getting over what ever I had yesterday.  But anyway, until next time, I wish y'all happy eating.
-Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment