Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wonton Soup with Noodles

So I've been sick the past few days and because of that I've been craving comfort food.  Yesterday I decided to make Wontons, which of course means soup, and just to make it more of a meal, I added egg noodles too.

Wontons are super easy.
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Ground Pork
  • 2 - Green Onions, diced
  • Two garlic cloves, diced
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Onion powder
  • Red Pepper Flakes for kick
  • Wonton Skins/wrappers (squares)
  • Chicken broth
  • Egg Noodles
 Directions:
  1. Combine ground pork, salt, pepper, onion powder, red pepper flakes, garlic, and one of the green onions, mix well. Should look like the above picture
  2. Place a spoonful of the mixture into the wrapper and seal edges.  My mom always made it with the top gathered at the top, so that's how I did it. You can just fold it and seal the edges if you want.
  3. You can cook this in the broth, in fact I would recommend this. Just drop the wonton in the bowling water when they pop up to the top, they're done. 
  4. For the broth:  Just add water and chicken broth (however much you want, I probably had 6 cups or so) and add half of the remaining green onion into it
  5. Noodles: Just cook according to the package
Put the noodles, broth, and wontons in a bowl, top with some green onions and tada you're good to go

Yummy :)  Bet you didn't realize it was super easy. 

Enjoy!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment