Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chez Zee

   I'll try to make this blog shorter than my last two.  Chez Zee, my sister and I came here for brunch today and the food was absolutely unbelievably delicious.   Though this place was more expensive than I originally expected, I'd gladly come back.  I don't mind paying a bit more for good food.  My sister and I both had a peach Bellini (I know, I know, not the most manly drink, but hey whatever) and we both ordered and individual triangle of Creme Brulee French Toast with Meyer's Rum Sauce.  And for our entrees, my sister ordered the Beef Tenderloin Benedict and I ordered the Surf and Turf Benedict.
 

   The Creme Brulee French Toast: a little dense, but it was extraordinary.  It's safe to say that I could've just eaten slices of that French Toast for the rest of the meal and I would've been completely content.  I would've never thought to make french toast by soaking it in creme brulee custard.  Genius

Because I had the Surf and Turf I was able to get to enjoy both the Beef Tenderloin Benedict and the "Southern" Crab Cake Benedict.  Let's start with the Tenderloin Benedict; the beef was cooked perfectly, the poached egg had a text book poached texture; the creamed spinach wasn't drenched in heavy cream like most creamed spinach dishes that I've had; and the Bearnaise sauce was way above par.  Now for the "Southern" Crab Cakes Benedict: Again, the egg was poached perfectly, runny in the middle and firm jacket of egg white; the actual crab cake was delicious.  I love me some crab cakes and this was probably one of the best I've ever had.  To put it in perspective, Julia (my sister) doesn't like very much seafood and crab cake isn't an exception, but she loved the crab cake.  The cake is indeed that good, seasoned perfectly, the lumps of crab stood out, but not so much to where it masked the other ingredients.
As for the home style potatoes that came as a side dish with the Benedicts, great crispy exterior with a soft interior that were seasoned so well that no dipping sauce (IE. ketchup) was needed to enjoy.

   This is a must try restaurant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment