Friday, January 25, 2013

Gourmands Neighborhood Pub

    So today after class a few of my classmates and I decided to grab a few beers after a long hard week of studying, quizzes and exams.  One of my classmates suggested a little pub that was down the street that he'd seen on the way to class, but had never been, so that's where we went, Gourmands Neighborhood Pub (http://www.lovethysandwich.com/).
    At first glance and because of its location, the pub itself looks kinda shady, but traverse inside and you'll be rewarded.  This is a bar that is what is it, a bar.  It has a few 4 seat bar tables, a few actual sit down tables and a juke box.  The box plays good music, but that's not why you're reading this blog...you want to know about the food and or beer.
   I honestly can't voice my opinion of the entrees because...well...I didn't have any of the main courses.  I did however have the Double Decker Nachos..."Double layered tortilla chips smothered with queso. Topped with poblano peppers, diced onions, chopped black olives. Dressed with sour cream & pico de gallo."  The nachos were delicious, but of course I have to put my little twist to it.  After the first order was devoured in a mere 5 minutes, I opted to buy another plate...except instead of using tortilla chips, I substituted their homemade potato chips.  The potato chips gave a better crunch than the tortilla and gave the appetizer one more dimension of flavor.
   Now I have to admit that I am not a big beer drinker, so I'm not the best person to ask about the selection here.  I can tell you that if you go during happy hour 4pm-7pm they have pretty good specials.
   Anyway, sorry I didn't remember to snap any pictures.  I promise to have some for my next blog.  But to sum up everything, this place is a great hole in the wall pub that I would recommend to anyone that lives/works close by to south east Austin.
-Henry
  

No comments:

Post a Comment