Monday, January 14, 2013

Healthy Pizza Appetizer

So anyone who knows me (Henry), knows that my all time favorite food is pizza.  I could eat pizza breakfast, lunch, dinner and for the two snacks throughout the day.  But of course I did that, I would weigh even more than I do now (insert your own imaginary really heavy weight here because I'm not tell you how much I weight), so I decided to make a pizza appetizer that was a bit healthier.



Ingredients
  12 inch flour tortilla
   1 frozen triangle of mozzarella sun-dried roasted tomato basil laughing cow cheese
   6 basil leaves
   6 cherry tomatoes halved

Sauce:
   1 small tomato, diced
   2 teaspoons of freshly diced garlic
   1/2 Tbsp butter
   1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
   1/2 tea dried basil
   1/2 tea dried oregeno
   1/2 tea dried rosemary
   1/2 tea dried thyme
   1/2 tea cayenne pepper
   1/2 tea paprika
   1/2 tea fresh ground black pepper
   1 pinch of kosher salt
   1 tea local honey

Procedure
- Preheat oven 405 degrees F
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat add melt butter and add olive oil
- add garlic and saute until just slightly brown
- add diced tomato, mix and bring to slight broil
- add all rest of the dry ingredients, mix
- turn down heat to low to med-low and reduce to sauce to by 2/3
- add honey and stir to incorporate
- On the tortilla, ladle just enough sauce to cover
- quickly shred frozen laughing cow cheese to just cover the sauce
- add basil leaves and top each leaf with two halves of tomatoes
- bake in over for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment