Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Salt and Pepper Fried Pork Chops

   I haven't feeling well these past couple of days and I haven't really wanted to eat anything until a few hours ago.  Most people when they don't feel well, revert to their childhood foods that their parents made for them to make them feel better.  Well for me, its not chicken soup, its deep fried salt and pepper pork chops...yeah weird I know.  But the saltiness of the chop and the little spice of the jalapenos and the juiciness of the pork hits home with me.  So after about 48 hours of not really eating this is what I decided to make :)

   I portioned the pork chops to 1 oz (28 gram) portions (give or take 2 grams), lightly floured them with a mixture of all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and fresh ground black pepper and then deep fried them until golden.  I then seasoned them in a mixing bowl with a little more salt and tossed to coat evenly.

   In a wok, I poured a little olive oil and let it heat it for just a couple of minutes over medium heat, sauteed some freshly minced garlic and added one thinly sliced jalapeno and let it saute for about a minute to bring out the heat into the oil.  I toss in the pork chop portions with the garlic and jalapenos and tossed to coat.

   They're great with rice; or roughly chopped added with some sauteed or grilled vegetables and rolled up in a tortilla (or rice paper); or thinly sliced wrapped in rice paper with some thin rice noodles, some fresh vegetables and some Sriaracha mayo dipping sauce...you get the idea very versatile.

Enjoy
-Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment